Nissan Kicks 2019 – two platforms, different markets, same interior
Administrator World Garage
The crossover Nissan Kicks has a "split personality". In modification for South America and China produced Kicks is based on Nissan V platform (Micra and Note are also based on it). And for the Indian market Nissan is preparing a larger version on a less expensive base B0 (same has Renault series such as Logan, Kaptur, Duster). The second version is more interesting, since such an option from next year will be presented in Russia (of course, in LHD version).
The Indian version of the Kicks made its debut in mid-October, but then the model was shown only from the outside. Now Nissan revealed its interior.
The front panel of the South American and Chinese modifications is completely original. It is distinguished by the architecture of the front panel, the shape and location of the Central ventilation deflectors, the combination of devices and multimedia system. In General, the interior of the "Hindu" looks more simple and technological (despite the leather insert in the front panel).
Recall, Kicks on the B0 platform has a larger size:
· The wheelbase is the same as that of Kaptur — 2673 mm;
· The length of the crossover is 4384 mm, which is 89 mm more than that of the South American Kicks;
· The width is 1813 mm (+53 mm);
· The minimum volume of the trunk is 400 l;
· ground clearance is 210 mm.
Outside Kicks for different markets can hardly be distinguished from each other. The obvious difference is visible only in some individual elements, such as bumpers. About motors a manufacturer has not yet officially announced anything, but in India dealers are waiting for a car with a 1.5-liter gasoline engine (106 HP) and 1.5-liter diesel (110 HP). A couple of them are likely 5 - and 6-step "mechanics" and 6-step "robot".
Differences between crossover models with the same name Indian and European versions) can be found:
· first, the crossover Kicks shown in India has a front bumper of a simpler form, with the original plastic pads;
· secondly, the fuel tank hatch at the global Kicks is round and installed on the left side, and the crossover for European market is almost square and it is located on the right side;
· third, in the rear bumper in the center there is an additional fog light;
· fourth, the Nissan Kicks for the global market relies on the road surface tires 205/60 R16 or 205/55 R17, the model exhibited for acquaintance in India flaunts with tires 215/60 R17.
According to preliminary information, the Indian Nissan Kicks is planned to be equipped exclusively with front-wheel drive and gasoline (H4K model) 1.5-liter atmospheric engine (106 HP 142 Nm) in the company 5 manual gearbox, or offered as an option X-Tronic, as well as a diesel engine (model K9K) - 1.5-liter turbo diesel (110 HP 240 Nm) in tandem with manual transmission and automatic transmission for a surcharge.
On the technical stuffing Nissan Kicks for the Russian market (according to some reports, in Russia, the novelty will even get the original name Nissan Gripz) information in the office of Nissan is not yet any. However, with an eye on the platform crossovers Nissan Terrano, Renault Duster and Renault Kaptur can almost certainly say that the Russian Kicks will get a gasoline four-cylinder atmospheric engines of 1.6-liter wiht 114 horsepower and 2.0-liter with 143 horsepower, and possibly a 1.5-liter with 109 horsepower turbo diesel. The drive is front in the basic configuration with the initial gasoline engine and complete in more saturated versions, with a powerful gasoline engine and turbo diesel.
In the Indian market, the new Nissan Kicks will replace the discontinued Nissan Terrano, and in the European market will be a great addition to the crossover line of the Japanese company, which currently consists of Nissan Juke, Qashqai, Terrano, X-Trail and Murano, and it will try to «steal» buyers from Hyundai Creta crossover.
In India, the model will go on sale in January 2019. In Russia, a new crossover should be expected by the end of 2019.