Kia K900 2019: updated Kia flagship sedan
Administrator World Garage
Review Kia K900 2019: the appearance of the model, interior design, technical filling, safety, prices and configuration options.
In the spring of 2018, a new generation of Kia k900 Executive sedan, also known as Kia K9 and Kia Quoris, made its official debut in South Korea. At once it is necessary to make a reservation that in the American market the model is offered under the name K900, while in Russia it is presented under the name Quoris.
In comparison with its predecessor, which first debuted on the world stage back in 2012, the novelty received a more presentable and modern appearance, a huge amount of standard and optional equipment, a more spacious and comfortable interior, as well as powerful engines, inherited the car from the premium sedan Genesis G90/EQ900.
The manufacturer is very hopeful that the new K900 will be able to surpass the sales of its predecessor, which showed quite modest sales around the world. So, for the entire 2017 year in Korea was sold a little more than 1,500 copies of the model, while in America and Russia were sold 455 and 175 cars, respectively.
Whether the novelty will be able to become a serious player in its class-time will tell, but the car definitely deserves closer consideration.
Appearance of the new Kia
The new Kia K900 owes its appearance to designers from California and Namyang, who applied the concept of "Gravity of Prestige" in the design, which can literally be translated as "prestige attraction".
The front part of the body shows a huge false radiator grille "Quadric Pattern", consisting of 176 cells, stylish head optics with a double stroke of led DRL and laconic front bumper, complemented by a wide "smile" air intake.
The profile of the sedan, as befits a car of Executive class, looks powerful, stylish and restrained. The eye catches a long hood, large side doors, circular wheel arches and compact stern.
The rear part of the body, though looks boring, but is not devoid of a number of modern "chips", such as led marker lights, built-in trunk lid compact spoiler and muscular rear bumper, complemented by a pair of trapezoidal" trunks " of the exhaust system.Dimensions of new items have the following parameters:
- Length, mm 5120
- Width, mm 1915
- Height, mm 1490
- Wheelbase, mm 3105
- Ground clearance, mm 145-150
The height of the ground clearance (see table) ranges from 145 to 150 mm. it is worth noting That in comparison with the previous generation, the car has added 25 mm in length, 15 mm – in width and 60 mm – in the wheelbase.
In the Russian market, the sedan is offered in 7 variants of body colors, among which strict, restrained colors prevail.
Interior design of Kia K900
Salon of new Kia K900 (Quaris) meets luxurious, high-quality and most comfortable interior, instantly emphasizing the status of its owner. The interior decoration used exclusively first-class materials: wood, brushed aluminum, leather and soft plastics.
Special attention deserves excellent ergonomics, not inferior to the best representatives of the German automotive industry.
The driver's seat is represented by a four-spoke multifunctional steering wheel and a well-readable virtual dashboard. In the Central part of the torpedo, the manufacturer placed a 12.3-inch" TV " of the multimedia center, a laconic control unit for the interior climate system, audio control buttons and several auxiliary keys responsible for activating the auxiliary systems.
From a technical point of view, the novelty almost completely repeats the decisions of the premium Genesis G90. The car is built on the basis of a completely new truck, assuming the presence of independent suspensions of both axes and electronically controlled shock absorbers.
In comparison with its predecessor, Kia K900 lost air suspension, but got an optional system of intelligent all-wheel drive transmission, borrowed from the older "brother" Genesis G90.The line of power plants is represented by three engines:
- Standard six-cylinder atmospheric engine of the GDI series with a volume of 3.8-liter and a maximum output of 315 "horses" (405 Nm of torque).
- Intermediate 3.3-liter turbocharged V6 series T-GDI, allowing you to count on a peak return of 370 "horses" and 525 Nm of torque.
- Top-end V8 series GDI, having a volume of 5-liters and generating 425 "horses" (530 Nm).
Price tag and configuration optionsSales of the new Kia K900 (Quoris) in Korea started in April 2018 at a price of 51 to 88 thousand dollars, which is much more than asked for the car of the first generation. In the North American market, the car will appear in the second quarter of 2018 at plus or minus a comparable cost.The list of standard equipment will definitely include:
- Full size spare tire;
- A pair of" trunks " of the exhaust system;
- LED optics, as well as LED fog lights and DRL;
- Antilock braking system;
- The system responsible for exchange rate stability;
- Assistant when starting being on the rise;
- A set of sensors monitor the pressure in the tires;
- Active head restraints for front row riders;
- Side and front airbags + knee " cushion»;
- ISOFIX fasteners;
- Analog watch;
- Multi-steering wheel with leather braid and decorative inserts made of natural wood;
- Parking sensor;
- Premium acoustics from Lexicon;
- Multimedia center with 9.2 "" TV»;
- Intelligent tailgate opening system;
- Smart Key function, providing Keyless access to the cabin and start the engine with a button;
- Front seats with electric controls, ventilation and heating;
- Light-alloy "rollers" on 18”;
- Leather trim seats;
- Cruise control;
- Seat belt;
- The instrument panel Supervision.
- Advanced multimedia center;
- Blind spot monitoring sensors;
- System AEV;
- Complex of cameras providing all-round visibility;
- The displays in the backrests of the front seats;
- Panoramic roof;
- Plug-in all-wheel drive and more.