Ford Transit Connect Wagon 2019 Review
Administrator World Garage
Specifications and description Ford Transit Connect Wagon 2019: exterior, interior, technical details, equipment, price.
In 2018, the updated Ford Transit Connect Wagon appeared on the European market, which received a number of visual changes, upgraded engines and a noticeably expanded list of standard and optional equipment.
Note that the car performs in a fairly popular segment, where there are still not so many competitors. This means that the machine has every chance to demonstrate even better sales and compete for the status of a bestseller, for which it has everything you need and even more.
Usually vans do not differ bright and dynamic appearance, as their main task-to be as practical and roomy, and everything else is secondary. But this certainly does not apply to Ford Transit Connect, because this car has a modern, attractive, as well as moderately aggressive and dynamic appearance.
The front part of the body meets the relief hood, formidable head optics, branded false radiator grille and a neat bumper. By the way, the latter sheltered a large air intake and neat fog lights.
The profile of the van shows inflated wheel arches, which some crossovers can envy, as well as embossed sidewalls and body-colored plastic moldings. Here it is worth mentioning a large area of glazing, a flat roof line and large sliding rear doors. The car rests on the ground tires 205/60 R16, equipped with alloy wheels.
"Sirloin" part of the body is represented by large, vertically arranged, marker lights and two hinged doors that open access to the impressive Luggage compartment. Here we note a large selection of colors of the body, represented by 10 colors.External dimensions:
- Length, mm 4425 (4825)
- Width, mm 1835
- Height, mm 1847
- The length of the wheelbase 2662 mm (3062)
InteriorSalon updated Ford Transit Connect welcomes guests with high-quality design, high-quality Assembly and sound finishing materials. In front of the driver is a perfectly readable dashboard, complemented by a large LCD display of the route computer, and a stylish 4-spoke multi-wheel.At the top of the Central torpedo the manufacturer has placed a 6-inch touch screen multimedia center, and right below it-laconic audio control unit.This is followed by a small storage compartment, and even lower – intuitive control unit climate system, affixed a few buttons and a pair of functional twirlers. Here it is worth noting the presence of a spacious glove box, located directly opposite the front passenger.Depending on the length of the wheelbase and configuration options, the machine can be with 5, 6 and 7 seats (including the driver).
The first row of seats is represented by comfortable seats, flaunting good lateral support, a lot of adjustments and heating.The second row can be represented by a triple sofa or two free-standing chairs. Free space here with plenty in all directions, so sitting here passengers can easily survive even long trips.The third row of seats is traditionally more suitable for short riders and children.The volume of the Luggage compartment in the version with a standard wheelbase varies between 1029-1838 liters, while in the extended version can be:
- with 6-7-seater salon-322 l;
- with 5-seater salon-1529 l;
- with 2-seater saloon-2761 l.
- The declared load capacity-504-534 liters depending on the version of the car.
Technical parametersIn the European market, the car is offered with an uncontested 1.5-liter diesel line EcoBlue, available in two boosts:
- 100 "horses" and 240-270 Nm of torque, allowing to develop the first hundred in 12.2-13.3 seconds., reach a limit of 163 km / h and consume about 5 l / 100 km;
- at 120 HP and a limiting torque of 270 Nm, which allows you to accelerate to the first "hundred" in 12.6 seconds., to develop a maximum speed of 171 km / h and consume the same 5 l / 100 km in the combined mode.
Level of equipment and priceThe price of the car from market to market may vary slightly. Thus, the minimum price of Ford Transit Connect in its native market is 26.85 thousand dollars.Speaking more specifically, the basic configuration of the car offers such equipment:
- anti-blocking system;
- traction control and emergency braking systems;
- electronic stabilization program;
- assistant at the beginning of the movement downhill;
- torque control system in turns;
- rollover prevention system;
- tire pressure monitoring sensors;
- front and side airbags;
- side blind;
- Central locking;
- two-zone "climate";
- stop / start system;
- cruise control with the function of limiting the maximum speed;
- the system of prevention of departure on the oncoming traffic;
- heated seats in the first row;
- audio system with 6 speakers;
- front fog lamps;
- onboard computer;
- seat belt;
- advanced media system with 6-inch monitor;
- tracking system for "dead zones»;
- camera visibility back;
- third row of seats;
- roof rails;
- expanded set of security systems;
- wheels of special design;
- combined interior trim, etc.
ConclusionFord Transit Connect Wagon is a bright, attractive and dynamic car that combines easy handling and the capacity of a small minibus.
Add to this the rich level of equipment, reasonable cost and traction motors, and you get the perfect "cocktail" for people with a large family and just fans of traveling in a big company.