Nissan Leaf battery
Administrator World Garage
The one that has a capacity of about 24 kWh and costs about $6,500.
- The battery is located under the bottom, closer to the back of the car. Usually not that fancy-ass-orange on the photo, at least in cars of 2011-2012.
- The battery is bolted to the bottom.
- Unscrew, remove from the car. The weight of the entire module - 294 kg on the machines of 2011, but already 218 kg on the machines 2013.
- Discover. Inside the battery modules, the circuit breaker (?), battery monitoring system. There is no complex cooling system, Nissan Leaf uses only air.
- Moving from the output connectors: first there is a contactor, then the battery control system (BMS).
- Only modules and wires remain. Sideways are modules with a total capacity of 12 kWh, installed on the car battery, they are under the rear sofa.
- The remaining modules are scattered "lying" in the lower part. There are 48 such modules.
- One module weighs about 3.8 kg in Nissan Leaf 2012, the module body itself is about 600 grams. The module features - 7.6 Volts, 66.2 Ah.
- Inside each module there are 4 cells of "batch" type with a capacity of 33.1 Ah, voltage 3.8 Volts and weight 799 grams. Judging by the video, the module is not particularly collapsible.