How to replace Nissan X Trail T30 and T31 cabin filter
Administrator World Garage
Article about replacing the cabin filter on Nissan X Trail: what you need a filter, its device, step-by-step description of the work.
Cabin filter is a device that purifies the air that enters the interior of the car through the heating, air conditioning and ventilation system. For what you need a cabin filter, how much it costs and how to replace it with a Nissan X Trail-more in detail in the article.
What is a cabin filter for
The air on the roads is not clean — it contains exhaust gases and dust, allergens. In order that all these substances harmful to human health did not get inside the car interior, the cabin filter is designed. It plays an important role not only for asthmatics and allergies, which are particularly painful to react to polluted air, but also reduces the risk of diseases of the upper and middle respiratory tract in a healthy person who often drives a car.
Cabin filter device
Install cabin filters car manufacturers began at the beginning of this century. The simplest version of this device is made of loose paper, which is treated with a solution and supplied with an electrostatic charge.Over time, models of cabin filters have become more diverse and complex. Modern variants include several layers:
special filter material (so-called non-woven material), which is able to hold particles up to 0.5 microns;
- a layer of activated carbon that traps particulate soot and gases and absorbs odors;
- an electrostatic-charged layer that attracts and traps charged particles in the incoming air;
- antibacterial layer (optional) that disinfects the incoming air.
- Characteristic smell in the car. In the course of operation, the filter collects all the" caught " particles from the air on itself, eventually turning into a source of a very characteristic unpleasant smell.
- Entry into the cabin of dust from the duct. If when you turn on the ventilation system of the car from the air deflectors inside the cabin begins to flow a dust cloud, the cabin filter is definitely time to change.